Sunday, June 21, 2009

Simply the Best

Cue the intro, boys...


Today is Father's Day, at least here in the States it is. For that, we tend to grill our choice of cuts outside, drink a few and shoot out texts/emails/etc. to our father figures.

I'm sure that amidst all the celebrations, there are some happy ones and probably some not quite so happy ones. For whatever reason, I hope that everyone has a day as awesome as mine; better yet, have one even more awesome.

Sometimes, we are forced to take things a bit slower. That happened today to me, at least. And for that, I am thankful. I thank all the powers that be for throwing in my face all the wonders that exist in my life, all the little things that make being here now worth the effort. As the day was winding down, we loaded up the SUV and prepared to depart. Somehow, the light just caught my wife's hair and she as looking towards me. For a brief moment that time decided to put in super slow-mo, the music began to play in the background, the planets aligned and the stars reigned supreme, the velvet ropes parted and I was allowed a glimpse of how wonderful life truly is. It is too easy to get sucked into the depths of negativity (not that the occasional bitching isn't healthy).

So where ever you may be, whatever might be going on in your life, make sure to simply take a moment (two if you really want to live!) and give thanks that you are here, send a wish out to your loved ones, and let Tina express herself in the best way possible.

Final Quote: "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius


4 comments:

Marilyn said...

I've been feeling that sensation a lot lately...the one we get when we realize how good life is. I was alone for 13 years and I love every minute that I have with your Dad and I thank God for bringing him into my life. I love reading about what a great day that you had with our grandsons.
:-D Yep, I love being able to claim all of you as my own. Big HUGS.

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Well put. I feel you on that. They;re like little moments of clarity. You almost wish you could live in them.

The Mert said...

So true K Dog. Like the line in the song goes:

And look in to those eyes so deep in love. And drink it up.

Thank you both for the comments.

Jessica said...

People think I'm strange because I will literally "stop and smell the roses." I learned a long time ago that life is too short. It might be full of negative things, but we should all appreciate the positive, as well complaining about the negative.