Saturday, May 02, 2009

Justification: For the Kids

Do you remember that scene from Happy Gilmore?  Where Grandma wears the Gene Simmons mask to cheer up Happy? She did it for Happy, and probably wouldn't for any other reason.  


Today, I got to be a "rock star", long hair and all, all in the name of kids.  Fun stuff, actually.  Along with a huge group of my co-workers, I rocked out via lip-syncing and am currently begining the editing process.  In any case, would I have done this under and other circumstances?  Probably not; I don't care much for lip syncing (I'd rather karaoke but that's another...).  Often times, we do things in the name of children.  Great!  What if the kids are gone?  What if there are no kids involved?  Then what?

Point is:  Life is extremely short.  I've found that time passes faster each year my boys get older.  I've yet to find that elusive bottle to capture time.  Forget smelling them; stop the car, pull out the shears, and cut yourself a bouquet of roses.  Sure it's an overused cliche, but not without good reason.  Excuses run rampant for not doing the things that we eventually skip out on, but did you ever really think about a good reason to do it?

WARNING: The preceding message does not pertain to illegal activitities or such that would put yours or others lives in perilous danger.  Use your sense.  It's okay to have a beer after work and you're of age; it's not okay to have twenty and drive yourself home.

Closing quote (and it's a good one): Dream as if you'll live forever; live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

1 comment:

Icepick said...

And posts like this are the secret to a life well lived.