Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lent: Sacrifices

Day 1 - It's been a tough twenty-four hours. I thought long and hard about it, and decided to go ahead and give up meat for forty days. Almost. It's allowed on Sundays. It's old school, but I figured that this is something that forces me to truly consider each and every meal, be thankful for what I do have, and remember the sacrifice that He made for man.

Can it be done? We shall see. I had a co-worker who actually did it in 1996. He did eat two porterhouses each Sunday, but the rest of the week was sans beef or chicken. Lots of grains and veggies. Now I have to plan on how to accomplish this without breaking the bank. $5 a day eating out is not something She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) would be down with.

Participating in Lenten traditions? Want to share? Leave a comment!

No comments: