Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lent: Day 21

Ahh, going without that wonderful carne during the week has become an almost thoughtless process. Amidst all the hungry meat devouring folk, I stand out with my unslaked appetite for those wonderful nuggest of flesh. Eww, that was almost disgusting.

I had a bit of meat this weekend. Sunday, that glorious day of days, was a time for celebration. As Renee and I talked about what to make for dinner, we happened upon the meat aisle in H.E.B. and I could almost hear that angleic music playing: seasoned riblets. Yummy!

Grilled and accompanied with au gratin spuds, we had good eats homecooked and enjoyed in the company of loved ones. For the left overs, I devoured the spuds last night. The riblets? Those righteous little succulent strips were relegated to the freezer, to be enjoyed a week later.

The cruise control has been set; half way there and no real problems. It's difficult most when I'm at a tournament and the provided lunch is hamburgers or some other meat products. I can make due, but eating out some sort of fish or veggie plate gets pricey, even for my cheap arse.

Spring Break cannot get here soon enough.

2 comments:

nelly said...

hey does this mean that you cannot eat meat when I come down next week?!.......more for me I guess :)

The Mert said...

Ha ha. Funny.

No carne until Easter (except on Sundays).

It's all I wish, as long as it's fish...bad rhyme and all.