Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lent: Day 5

Whew! So far so good, but it's been challenging.

It's amazing how much of my diet consists of meat or meat-derived products (think broth or soup here). As much as I like to dine on beef, pork and chicken, this change has been one filled with constant thought and reminder.

Two nights ago, I dreamed I was at a party and filled my plate with various foods: burger, pork riblets, slabs of brisket, and wings galore. As soon as I took a bite of a riblet, Renee reminded me in the dream, "David, it's not Sunday; why are you eating that?" Damnit! I woke up smacking my lips, but realizing it was just a dream.

Been tempted a few times, but not to the point of wanting to cheat. I'd like to be able to say that I've kept up the willpower to complete this task.

I've got a few golf tournaments coming up. Usually, they feed the coaches and athletes at these functions. This may be difficult in the upcoming weeks, but I shall try to stay the course.

I better make sure that I have something beefy for dinner.

1 comment:

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Oh that sucks man. We had a couple friends over last night and we grilled steak, shrimp, baby back ribs, and veggies. Boy, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Ha ha ha!