Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breaker One-Nine, this here's the Rubber Duck...

Was the dark of the moon, on the sixth of June

In a Kenworth, pullin' logs

Cabover Pete with a reefer on

And a Jimmy haulin' hogs

We 'as headin' fer bear on I-One-Oh

'Bout a mile outta Shaky-Town

I sez Pig-Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck

An' I'm about to put the hammer on down


Cause we gotta little ol' convoy, rockin' through the night

Yeah we gotta little ol' convoy, ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on an' join our convoy, ain't nothin' gonna git in our way

We're gonna roll this truckin' convoy, cross the USA

Convoy... Convoy...


lyrics courtesy of Bill Fries and Chip Davis


I got a postcard in the mail today from my friend Vernon. See, he's a trucker now, hauling those wonderful loads in those oversized trucks day in and day out. Postcard was from ATL (that's Atlanta, Georgia...). Quick and to the point, I just enjoyed the simplicity of his greeting.


So Vernon, where ever you are right now, drive carefully. And please, if you see those little kids pumping their arms up and down, give that air horn a quick tug. It always made my day when I was growing up.


Now, do you go into truck stop dives and challenge others to arm wrestling ala Stallone?



No comments: