Thursday, October 23, 2008

Live at Round Top: Top 8 List

Well, I said I would get it done and I finally did.


Surprisingly enough, the audio I got from the performance at the wedding was beyond decent. While not in stereo, it's quite clean and you can really make out the entire trio.

I've gone ahead and made a WMA version of "Falling Softly" for all those interested.  I've emailed a great many of you this copy, but for anyone interested, just drop me a line and I'll shoot you one PDQ.

EDIT:  I just finished uploading it, so anyone really interested can get it here.  The price?  Just leave a comment.  Easy enough, eh?

For those of you that missed it, my buddy Kris and his lovely bride Kelley were joined in holy matrimony this past weekend.  The weather was gorgeous and the setting was simply stunning. 
 Amidst a great company of family and friends, we all watched as our two loved ones began their wonderful journey together.

I'm sure that everyone had a wonderful time and there's of stories of various "events" that occurred unbeknownst to our two hosts.  For me, I simply smiled and took the whole scene in.  I did do my chivalrous duties beyond a groomsman, by offering my designated driver services.

Let's finish this off with the Top 8 moments from the Denby-Bussone Weekend, from my experience.

8.  Getting showed up by Dino on the links - Yeah, he beat me.  Quite soundly at that.  He will get his one day.  The beer that I owe him at least...
7.  The baby in the Star Bar - WTF?  I didn't get it, but I guess the parents decided lil' junior was old enough to party in the smoke-laden room.  
6.  Crashing at the Denby's - The fact that they put me up was great, almost as good as the fact 
that they put up with me.  A second Mom & Dad, I love them immensly.  
5.  Getting booted out of the After-Party - There was a party around the corner at this historic house and after arriving, we (along with pretty much everyone else) was quickly "asked" to depart the premises.  I guess someone ruined it for everyone.  
4.  Garland's Barking Spiders - I've known many a friendly people in my time, and the fact that this gentlemen decided to share with me and the rest of the groomsmen his barking spiders simply showed the extent of his friendliness.  They were not in the least silent, but quiet far from deadly.  
3.  Musical Performances - I was simply blown away by the song that Kelley's sister wrote and performed during the rehearsal dinner.  I was moved again by the stirring performance by Kris, Chuck and John.  
2.  Watching Kim cry through the entire ceremony - Wow, a beautiful girl in front of me, a solemn ceremony and reddish eyes unceasingly shedding tears of joy.  At least I hope they were...
1. The Ceremony - Duh.  What did you think was going to be the top moment?  I've known Kris since 1st grade, and this moment really is a great reflection of Kris and the moments that he's shared with all his friends.  True, sincere, and heartfelt.  

Cheers to you and your new wife, bro.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Nice bog David!

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Thanks Alton, and thank you David. The time we got to spend hanging out all to ourselves was, for me, the best wedding present you could give me. I'm so glad you stayed at my folk's house.

Thanks for everything that you do and have ever done. You are a one of a kind friend, and PERSON. If we made more people like you, I can't even imagine what beauty this world could conceive.

Peace and Love, brother.