Friday, July 01, 2005

Work and the Weekend

Okay. It's Friday and I'm not mad, but perhaps just a bit peeved. See, I ordered the clubs on Monday, but they haven't gotten here yet...That's okay, as we are still within the window of delivery. I guess I'm just impatient. It's 8:15 am and I'm also working today. Oh, you didn't know right?

Well, school was supposed to be out, but due to circumstance beyond my control, a few students needed some additional time. It was determined that we could open up today for about seven hours to allow the students to finish. I was asked, and considering I get paid by the hour (it's pretty nice), I went ahead and said, "Sure!"

Do you have any plans? For me, I plan on barbeque brisket, grilled corn-on-the-cob, and a bunch of other vittles (that's the scientific term) this weekend. I don't know if I'm playing any golf yet, but we'll just wait and see.

Okay, here's the picture of the week; but first, the story behind it.

I've got a good friend, Pope, who along with his girlfriend, just had a baby boy named Cade. Congrats dude! Still waiting on the pics though....He's always been one to send along really good pictures and jokes to me (my brother does too, so don't be hating, Nelson!). He sent me this picture, which in all honesty, is pretty true and funny in the subtle kind of way. Let me know what you think.

No comments: