Sunday, July 03, 2005

Golf at Lackland

Hey folks!

While I was mad that my order STILL hasn't come in yet, I did get to play golf on Saturday July 2. I was invited by Mike, my wife's friend's husband, to join him at one of the military bases in San Antonio, Lackland AFB. Having never played there before (or in the last 8 weeks), I was more than eager to join him.

Tough thing about the whole day, I was busy in the morning, so we ended up leaving for the course around 2:30 or so. We got warmed up and I was feeling loose and hitting everything pretty well.

First tee box: Kill drop. You can see in the picture of me the drop that you get from the tee box.

I hit the ball with my 2.5 wood and got an overly excited draw that ran under some trees (yeah it was a hook; so what?). When I got down to the area where my ball should have been, there were a couple of guys who had just hit. I asked if they saw my ball. "No we haven't" and quickly drove off. Weiners took my ball!

I was lucky enough to find another ball (story on that later). I ended up playing that ball through the hole and got a bogey.

For the day, I really enjoyed the course. Was a bit challenging, more so on certain holes, but the elevation changes was something I wasn't accustomed to seeing. In fact, the killer hole was 9, which approaches this same hill above on a parallel just to the left. I made the mistake of actually climbing up to hit my shot, then finishing climbing up. This just really didn't help as the temperature was in the 90's or low 100's.

No comments: