Friday, July 29, 2005

Golf at The Bandit


Well, I had the fortune of playing a really nice course for a really nice price. One of my co-workers invited me to go out with him to The Bandit, a really nice course located in New Braunfels, Texas. Owned by Fore Sight Golf, its one of the trio including The Republic and The Buckhorn. Having heard many favorable reviews, I was anxious to go out and play well.

Took just a bit to find, as there weren't any signs indicating the location, but we almost drove past it! As the usual rate is $40 for weeday, we ended up paying about $16 a piece. We loaded up and headed out to the course. After teeing off, a couple, Todd and Sam, joined us for play.

The course was beautiful. A few really picturesque holes. Some elevation on a few holes, but not too crazy with the water. Well protected greens with swales and bunkers. Fairways were smooth, but more sandy than my preference. Greens were soft, but considerably dry. A few blind shots made it tough but playing in the future will allow for less risk reward and more intuitive shotmaking.

Didn't quite get the score I was looking at. Took more risks than usual, but I figured that I may not be back in a while, so may as well go for it. Enjoyed playing with my partners

Have a great weekend!

No comments: