Friday, July 22, 2005

Trip to Austin

Well, I just got back from a workshop up in Austin.

My campus sent me, along with two other teachers, to the Double Tree Hotel in Austin to attend the Future Problem Solvers Program. It's quite an interesting program, which I beleive will really help our kids out. For more info, check them out at www.fpsp.org (Please note: At the time of this posting, they were in the midst of moving their headquarters from Tennessee to Florida, so the site may be down temporarily).

What I enjoyed most about the trip was my chance to visit my family that lives up their. When I had arrived in Austin on Monday and had settled in, my father picked me up and we had dinner at Outback. Never eaten there before, so I really enjoyed that. They kind of messed up on my fish, but it was quickly straightened that out. I had a frozen type drink that was delicious. A great meal, made even better by my father's company.

Tuesday held some other adventures, as my brother picked me up after I was done in the conference, workshop or whatever you want to call it. We ended up going to 6th Street for a romp around the famous street (pretty tame for a Tuesday night; just not my thing that night!), then dinner at Bennigan's. Weird thing: They were out of liquor. Just weird.

Wednesday, I had the great luck of dining with both my brother and my father, at a frequented Asian buffet. Typical fare, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

I'm sure that many would look at the activities and mention that I was on a working trip; I took care of business during the work hours. I simply enjoy the company of my family during off hours.

Thank you to my brother and dad, for joining me when you did. We don't visit nearly enough, and you both really made my trip that much more valuable.

Cheers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the next time, we'll have to go the 'famous' Oasis restaraunt and listen to live music out on the lake!