Wednesday, January 27, 2010

eBooks: Right or Wrong (Preface)


As the iPad was announced today, I can't help but going on and beginning this series.


A voracious reader friend of mine and I have been discussing the prospects of eBooks, eReaders (whatever generic name you'd prefer) and the advent of downloadable books versus the tried and true bound book.

Off the cuff, I can't see the iPad changing the world in the manner that the iPhone did/does.
But Apple wouldn't get into this business unless they see the opportunities (read: Cash Cow).

So, to kick this off, I just wanted to get those juices flowing en tus cabezas and just let you know that for the next few days, we'll be exploring the prospects of this, and perhaps even include a debate.

Until next time, keep reading...via Internet...via eInk...via newspaper...

Shazam!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Is it similar to the Kindle that I've been hearing about?

The Mert said...

It's similar, but think of it as a really big really big iPod Touch. Lots of really cool features, WiFi and/or 3G functionality, touchscreen, and accelerometer for motion sensitivity.

Is it worth it? Well...

nelly said...

hmph.....sounds like you already bought in. Wait till I get off work so I can post! In the mean time,
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=9694366