Friday, March 06, 2009

Spring Break

Sigh...


A contented relief exhaled upon a computer screen, done so without obligations or work-related responsibilities.

It's been a rough patch these last few weeks.  I've missed many a days due to golf tournaments.  TAKS loomed its ugly arse (standardized testing just plain sucks).  And to top it all off, I also had about eight packets to grade for Future Problem Solving, or commonly referred to as FPS.

I can't say that my life is at a bad spot; in fact, I'm at my most fortunate right this very moment.  One of my boys is playing Guitar Hero: World Tour and jamming out to some old classic rock.  The other is taking a bubble bath (after defacating in his pull-ups; I just wanted to share).  

I guess, I'm really looking forward to Spring Break.  I've been working hard (not to say that all you wonderful blue collar folks [ahem...Dad...cough...Nelson...Jessica...cough cough...] don't work.  I just do my part to the best I can.  Maybe in my younger years (when I knew it all), I didn't work as hard as I do now and didn't mind the longer periods without a break.  Now though, I enjoy, relish the time with my family, the interruption from the grind, and just a chance to enjoy the absence of work.

Amidst all the previous work I have been doing, I've been slacking on this blog of mine.  My apologies to you three readers.  In respect for you, here's a song that's probably my theme song for the upcoming week.

Be safe to all you traveling.  Don't hit me or my family, or anyone else's for that.

Cheers,

The Mert



2 comments:

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Yeah. Quit slacking!

I left a comment on this one before. What'd you do, erase it?

The Mert said...

No, I did not.

Even if I did, I doubt I would own up to it.

Okay, I would, but I still didn't erase it.