Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Because...


I'm always amazed by even the most simple of things.


I'm perhaps one of the luckiest people out there.  I have a great job which I love, I have a gorgeous wife who loves me, and two great boys who are nothing short of miracles in my heart.

I was coming home after Dylan's baseball game today and, in an effort to get a bit to eat, took a slight detour for some fried chicken (don't go there; it's not often I have fried chicken...).

I happen to look up into the sky after departing the drive through and saw the mauve sky, the setting sun.  I couldn't help but reflect on the afternoon's events and the time I spent with my wife and boys.

As tomorrow comes, I don't want to make a practical joke on anyone.  I think I'll make a serious effor to be the nicest I can be to anyone around me.  God forbid, if something happens to me, I want to be able to depart with all my beloved family and friends knowing without a shred of doubt that I loved them and appreciated their companionship, friendship, and love through and through.

As much as I like to write, I actually found a quote that really summarizes my thoughts here today.  And no, it's not the Beatles.  Of course, Lennon and McCartney were right.

Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that.  ~Michael Leunig

1 comment:

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Nice post, brother. And Amen to that.