Friday, November 20, 2009

Fitness Week 4 and Def Leppard

So it's the end of Week 4 and I'm not quite happy.


I'm +1 for the week. Not necessarily a bad thing, as I've lost some weigh quite rapidly the past three weeks and I was due for a bit of a bounce back.

One thing I discovered this week was that the additional running to "step up the workout" has wreaked some havoc with my knees. Talking with one of my coaching co-workers, he stated that this was "Normal...It's going to hurt a bit...No pain, no gain!". I call bull-shit. It ain't supposed to hurt like this. So, back to walking I go, with more focus on tempo and pace.

So for all that, I'm not disappointed with where I am. My clothes are fitting better. A lot better...

Got Def Leppard on the brain. Been learning a few ballads and singing along with the bluetooth headphones. Maybe it's a bit kitschy, but this really reminds me of a time when my biggest worries were simply social issues, not the real problems that exist in my life today. When "Love Bites" meant so much to that cute kid with the braces you asked to dance. Damn, those were the days...

No comments: