Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 3 Fitness

It's the completion of Week 3 and it's been a good week. Weekly total is -4 lbs., for a cumulative of -14 lbs.


Basically, I'm not doing anything too different from the last few weeks. I've been incorporating some light to medium jogging within my route, while changing up the route and distance (within 3/4 of a mile or so).

I'm fortunate to live in a golf neighborhood, so there isn't a lack of location to run. Even better is the presence of numerous hills and an empty parcel of cleared land with about a 1/2 mile of unpaved road laid in.

I've noticed that my clothes are fitting better, cravings for that all-so-dangerous sodas has waned somewhat, and for the most part, so has the desire for most of my typical treats that I so enjoyed.

I won't say that desire isn't present; it always is. It's as if there is this addiction. I will often find myself going into the kitchen pantry or fridge and then catch myself, thinking "You just ate; you aren't hungry. Get some water."

Do I enjoy food still? Sure I do. Food seems to have taken on a slightly different meaning, becoming more along the lines of fuel, as opposed to the hedonistic ambrosia it was previously. I will dip into that former life, but no with some moderation. Family Fun Nights and one day out of the weekend I'll usually enjoy an extra slice, but that comes with the knowledge that the next workout will entail an extra lap or pushing up that long hill a bit harder.

Either way, it's been a good three weeks so far. We'll see how it ends up...

Cheers

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Cheers for you! I know from experience how hard it is to stick with a program. I also need to set one up for myself soon. A few months after our wedding, I noticed my pounds creeping back up. I know it was due to the fact that I wasn't getting the same amount of activity as before. (I was working 2 jobs for a total of 65 hours a week more or less) So, I also didn't have time to eat much. I made a vow then that I would NOT buy clothes any bigger than I'm now wearing. Some are getting snugger, though, and I know it will soon be time to just say NO to some things that I'm eating and Yes to a little more activity.... :-)