Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Really Cool Art



















"Mohawk Tigerwood(astronium robinia)" by Shawn Roberts.

An artist, a mortal god, and class president, Shawn is a high school friend of mine who I recently had the opportunity to reconnect with. In doing so I discovered that he is quite a talented sculptor. Being that his art is quite nice (and beyond my humble means) I invite any who may be in the Austin area this coming weekend to check out the exhibit at the Travis Heights Art Trail. And don't think he's giving me anything for being a shill; I get nothing beyond the opportunity to stare at the artwork you see above.

Good stuff; check it out!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is an interesting piece.

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Crap, shit! I didn't know about that! Shawn needs to do a better job getting the word out.