Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sins of the Father: I Hate Studying

I always hated studying. I'd lie to Mom and Dad, conveniently forget my homework, and just flat outdeny ever having any to Mom, Dad, teacher, and everyone else. I simply learned early on that homework sucks the hind teat.

Yeah, I was one of those kids that just simply wasn't going to do homework. In fact, I think one of the comments my teacher told my father was "He is an excellent student in school, but he doesn't do his homework blah blah blah."

At this point, my son is in school and has school work on a regular basis. The Dyl-Man is pretty smart and quite creative. Of course, he's just like his dad: he hates homework. We spent two hours last night going over twenty words.
I guess this is my cross to bear. Thanks be to God.

No comments: