Thursday, May 01, 2008

So now I'm back...

I wish I was in space,but no, it wasn't anything that extraordinary.

It's been a bit of some time since my last post, so a brief update.

Finished golf season. I won't talk about that here. Call me if you want details.

Just finished TAKS testing with my 7th graders. Just google TAKS if you want more info. So gotta love that whole No Child Left Behind Act. Good stuff [dripping with sarcasm].

Dropped a couple of grand on some electronics, but I'll get to that in a bit.

My thoughts go back to a workshop a few months ago I had the pleasure of sitting in on. In it, the presenter gave us some food for thought:
"Think about all the things you'd like to do. Whether it be lessons or travel, whatever. Now, think of all the reasons why you don't or can't do those things. C'mon now. Make that list then think of reasons why. Now, scratch off money and time, because that will never change. It won't; you won't ever have enough money to do it, nor will the amount of time you have change. It this were the case, no one would have kids. Why don't you do the things you want to do? People have kids because it becomes a priority for them. If you want to take guitar lessons or travel cross-country on a motorcycle, you do it. Make it a priortiy. "

It's sad that I don't remember her name, but she makes quite a valid point. Few reasons exists for us not doing the things we want to do (albeit legal and wholesome things, not like shooting out street lamps and such). I thought I was doing pretty decent on the writing, but got caught up in some...well, priorities shifted from one to another. Job is important, after family. And March and April are probably the busiest times of the year for me work-wise. No excuses aside from the adjustment in prioritites.

So to all you loyal readers (yes, all six of you), thanks for being loyal and patient. Hopefully, I can regain some momentum and catch up to my homeboy Kris and get back on track.

Cheers to you and yours...