Monday, November 07, 2005

Leaving' Texas and Music

Well, my dad is rearing to go and head out, so I visiting for pehaps the last time he will be officially residing in Texas.

On Saturday, I went up to Austin to visit Dad, Grandma, and Nelson, so it was something I was really looking forward to. Left the house early, because I had to get tires for my truck, but otherwise, made good time.

I got into Austin a bit before noon, and Dad and I drove up to visit Grandma and drop off a few things. I also brought the pictures of Dylan and the newspaper articles with him in them. Grandma made some stew and mashed potatoes. Mmmm! Good stuff there!

After Nelson got off work that night, we ate at this quaint little joint called Springhill Diner or Restraunt. I didn't really dig the Chili's rip-off decor ( I don't like it at Chili's either), but the fried catfish was really something good.

After dinner, we watched Jarhead, a very interesting movie about Marine sniper life during the Gulf War. I liked it and the message it presented, but there are a million critics and each one has a smelly anus. Don't just give in to the same old crap that every one says; judge for yourself and make an informed decision.

Hoo-Ah. 'Nuf said 'bout that.

Nelson was also kind enough to procure for me a little toy I've been lusting after for quite some time.

I've been working out for a bit now and it's shown some results. What thing I've felt that has held me back just a bit is the music. I've a ton of it on the PC, but only a CD player that skips like a little girl after school.

I am now the owner of the Samsung YP - T7J 512 MB digital audio player. I didn't really think I would need anything too large, and this just fits quite nicely into that niche. Easy to load up, but not a pain in the arse to swap out songs or pics. I'm loving the skip free exercising so far. I was most surprised by the headphones that came with it. A pair of white buds, I intially noticed that the magnets seemed quite strong and would easily repel each earphone. A good amount of depth and bump come with the understated buds. I'll post more later on how well the Yepp is working for me is we progress.

Well, I left town on Sunday after a well enjoyed weekend. I truly enjoy spending time with my family and just hanging out. Dad, I'm going to miss you and the simple things that come with hanging out with you. Thanks for all that you have given me. Hopefully, things work out for 4th of July 2K6.

Cheers for now,

David

No comments: