Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the Radio...Once Again!


There were times in my life when I couldn't get to the stadium or field to watch a game. Didn't really matter the sport, but I have to say that there is something almost mystical about listening to a game on the radio.


I remember the Knicks making a play-off run in the mid-90's, listening as I was driving back to Hunstville, a four-hour drive from my wife's home town. I can remember listening to various games while doing dishes at Mr. Gatti's. And most fondly, I remember listening to football and baseball games in my current town. I cannot emphasize how nice it is to hear someone describe the action so well that you can picture it all yourself.

My town's got a game tonight. And as far as I know, this is the first time in about five years or so that they have been broadcast over the radio waves. Knowing half the players (they were in my class at one point or another) in addition to my wife's nephew being a starting sophomore, I'm excited to listen to the game.

Any thoughts? Feel free to share...

Shazam!


No comments: