Saturday, July 25, 2009

Unrequited, IV

The lo mein was good, but the moo shu was better. He drained the hot and sour soup from the styrofoam container, then found Leila staring at him.

"C'mon...Let's go for a ride. You need to get out for a bit and..."

"No, Leila, I can't. I just...", interrupted Declan.

"Just what? Sit here and rot? It's been a year, Dec. It wasn't anyone's fault. Everyone has moved on. Toshi, James, Juan...even Kim. You keep wanting to blame yourself, but..."

"But what?" retorted Declan. He stared at Leila. He didn't want to pick a fight, but sometimes it was just easier.

"Okay, let's go."

"What?" exclaimed Leila.

"Now, on the bikes" teased Declan. I hope this works, he quickly planned through his mind.

The whine of the Ducati beconed Leila, and the resulting burnout only hinted at the burn that was to come.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I like what I'm reading. But, I may go back after a few more and read them from the start to get a more continuous story. :-D I do that a lot with continuated stories on myspace. I wait till they have 3-4 installments and read them all at once...usually because they've written them on the weekend and I didn't get the time to read them then... LOL

Kristopher A. Denby said...

Catching up, old chum.