Sunday, October 30, 2005

Golf at Quail Run

Man what a week.

I got to help out this past week after school on so many different things. Monday was concession stand at Family Night for the girls' volleyball. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday had me at hole #7 at RiverBend helping monitor and measure the Hole in One Shootout. Not hard, just hard on the ol' arse.

Finally thought, Saturday came. I had my high school team set up, so I was clear to go out and had a great time. Played with Richard, Ron (new guy), and Paul. Old dudes, but fine just the same. The only thing that sucked was that I wasn't hitting my driver for jack, so no long ball and ended up just trying to save par on most of the holes. The thing from this weekend was I learned how strong my iron game and short game was. No chip in's, but some damn close chips, most within 2 feet. Irons were so strong, I was using a 7 or 8 iron for my 150 yard shots.

In the end of it all, we finished in the bottom half of the contestants. My players finished slightly better than we did, so I felt good about that. I bought a picture, so I'll post that up.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments: